Community

Volunteers Are Beautifying the Park All Weekend

Today and yesterday were the first two days of the B.E.L.L.O. “Park Clean-Up and Beautification” campaign and by the looks of the fresh…

Clean and Beautify the Park with B.E.L.L.O.

Bocas is bello– beautiful that is, and a new group is working to maintain the beauty of Bocas. Their name is B.E.L.L.O., which…

Bocas Desechos Solidos is Official

Bocas finally has an official group in charge of the…

Community Unites to Take out the Trash

After 27 days of no trash collection, a commission of concerned members of the community took the trash problem into their own hands:…

Hotelito del Mar Recieves Prestigious TripAdvisor Award

Sally, owner of Hotelito del Mar, recently received an e-mail from TripAdvisor.com congratulating her on winning the “People’s Choice Award”, an award that…

Jumbo Feria – Government Subsidized Food Sale Increases Visits from 6 Months to 3 Weeks!

By: Julia Stein You may have seen trucks distributing food to lines of Bocas residents near the municipal building and wondered what it is….

Police Activities on Colon Island

submitted by Isla Colon Police Department During the whole month, several operations for social reorder (preventive measures) were performed in…

Learning Spanish at Habla Ya

Before I tell you about my experience at Habla Ya, I suppose I should tell you a little about myself so you properly…