Having recently been unfortunate enough to contract a terrible stomach virus I thought I would praise the ever-curing guanabana. Whether you call it soursop, graviola, or its proper Spanish name, guanabana, the tea from the leaves of this plant are nothing short of a miracle. Here’s an easy recipe next time you’re feeling ill.
1. Pick 2- 3 guanabana leaves from the guanabana tree (if you have access to one), Ensure that the leaves
are not too mature. The mature leaves are normally deeper green in color.
2. Add 1 cup of water in a small pot and bring it to a boil.
3. Cut the leaves into smaller pieces by tearing it apart; each leaf in three pieces.
4. Place the guanabana leaves in your tea cup (glass, cup) and pour the boiling water on it then cover for
30mins – 1 hour ( this process is commonly called drawing the tea).
5. Drink warm or cold – you may add sugar and milk for taste.
Recipe courtesy of searchdominica.com
Casie Dean, Editor